Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 is Over. Welcome 2010

First day of the new year, and so far so good. Lets see if we can keep this going. :)

Last year was hard for a lot of people I know. Just about everyone lost family, from parents to grandparents. A lot of people didn't know if they'd have jobs from week to week, and we all had to listen to doom and gloom on the economic front.

It almost makes me feel guilty that my year wasn't so bad. We lost my grandma, my last living grandparent, early in the year, but she'd been slowly going for the last few years and we're all glad that she's finally at peace. I have a good job that looks to be secure for the near future, a job that pays all my bills with a bit left over. I finally started getting my weight under control and have lost a lot of extra pounds. Finally, I started writing again, something I haven't done in years.

For years I've said to myself I've wanted to be a writer, to be published and to have people read the things that have knocked around in my brain. So many things kept me from that, but most of all it was fear, fear that I wasn't good enough and never would be. Well, that fear is gone, passed like that last year. Writing is hard work, but I'm getting better with each thing I write and each book I read is another example of what I can do if I try and work at it each day.

As for my first attempt at getting published, well, I still have not heard from the editors of Tesseracts. The Edge site says that submitters should receive a response by December 31, 2009, but that hasn't happened yet. I'm hoping to hear within the next few days, but if I don't hear anything by say Thursday I think I'll email them directly and ask. Hopefully they've just been really busy with the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment